← Hare Scramble & Enduro Racing Community
Gritty Arm Pump Dirt-Bike Action.png
DISCUSSION

i get ARM Pump so bad, What to do?

Arm pump can destroy a ride. Your forearms tighten up, your hands stop working the way you want them to, and suddenly you’re hanging onto the bike instead of riding it.

A lot of arm pump comes down to rider tension, technique, bike setup, and how comfortable you are on the bike. Death-gripping the bars, riding stiff, poor body position, bad lever placement, suspension that beats you up, or a cockpit that doesn’t fit can all make the problem worse. Fitness, hydration, fatigue, and in some cases medical conditions can contribute too.

What fixed it for you — technique, bike setup, training, suspension, grips, hydration, or something else?
MOST LIKED

Top responses

1 highlights
♥ 1
My solution is to ride more, increase comfort on the bike and when i start to feel it come on I immediately back off and rest/ relax for 30 seconds and go again. if I do…
Jump to response ↓
1 ResponsesNested replies stay with their parent
71022723_2956198897727771_8430821056003964928_n.jpg
#156
My solution is to ride more, increase comfort on the bike and when i start to feel it come on I immediately back off and rest/ relax for 30 seconds and go again. if I don't then the race can be over. by backing off for a bit i mitigate position loss and reset. I tend it get it mid to late first lap in a harescramble race because I am so focused on maintain in first position. this causes me to tense up and grip the bars. once I establish position I can rest and reset.

For me I stopped eating proteins the day before the race. This made a significant difference on race day.